Highlight of the North
Day 01: Hanoi - Ba Be Lake
- Travel adventurously by overland car for the hidden area with fabulous natural scenery.
- 08h00 pick up at your hotel, a privater car drive to Ba Be lake.
- 13h00 arrive Ba Be lake - Pac Ngoi minority village of the Tay people.
- Enjoy lunch in a Tay minority family where we will stay overnight.
- Take a motor boat around the central lake beneath the national park.
- Alongside Nang river to visit Puong cave where you and take a short rest, enjoying our lunch in local house.
- Walk to visit Dau Dang waterfall and then continue our boat trip back to Ba Be lake.
- Enjoy swimming in the natural lake.
- Boat back to Pac Ngoi village.
- Dinner and overnight in the village.
Inclusive services: A private car ( 4WD Ford Everest or Toyota Fortuner ), boat trip, tour guide ( experience & very good english speaking guide ), entrance fee, homestay and meals ( B+L+D)
Day 02: Ba Be lake - Cao Bang for a nicest hugest waterfall
- Drive 160 kms from Ba Be lake to Cao Bang.
- Reach the hotel, check in and then go for lunch.
- Drive to Ban Gioc waterfall known to adventurous travelers as the nicest hugest one in Vietnam.
- Here you can enjoy a fresh swimming in the water base, with a permit included you can see the neighbor China for a moment.
- Visit Nguom Ngao cave and then drive back to Cao Bang.
- Overnight in Cao Bang.
Inclusive services: A private car, tour guide, entrace fee, Hoang Anh hotel + meals ( B+L )
Day 03: Cao Bang - Bao Loc - Bao Lam - Meo Vac
- Today we will take a special drive through the Northeastern forest and mountain to the most beautiful area of the country.
- Take magnificent photos and visit to scattered villages along the loop paths. Around 16h00 arrive in Meo Vac - the untouched small town - the frontier area of the nation. Check in hotel for overnight.
Inclusive services: A private car, tour guide, entrance fee, Hoa Cuong hotel + meals ( B+L )
Day 04: Meo Vac - Dong Van - The Palace of Cat King - Yen Minh - Quan Ba - Ha Giang
- Dong Van and Meo Vac - the highest frontier points of Vietnam Nation bordering with China, restricted area in the past but lately opening to welcome adventure visitor. Terrain of rugger rock mountains high and sharp, the local people had spent 6 years to construct 20 kms of road and especially the workers had to hang themselves to work on the rugger rock cliffs during 11 months and finally the road was completed and those workers named this thread road is The Road of Happiness.
- 08h30 head upon the unique thread road to Dong Van - among the Park of Karst that recently recorded as World Heritage.
- Driving over the Pass of Ma Pi Leng ( kneed - horse pass), this means the pass is so high that all horses passing have to bend their knees to rest by being exhausted.
- Enjoy spectacular landscape and the nicest photos at the Heaven Gate. More than special, you can get a 3600 view of all over mountains and primitive jungles and Nho Que graceful river bending along muontain sides to the red river delta.
- Visit the Palace of Cat King ( the King of H' Mong minority) who before 1945 did not support The French in Vietnam as well as Tuong Gioi Thach in China, he took own power and dominanted over 70 capital in Dong Van but after 1945 he followed Ho Chi Minh...
- Lunch in Dong Van frontier town.
- After lunch in Dong Van, we continue our drive through Yen Minh towards Ha Giang, you will have your own eyes to view the beautiful Fairy Bosom mountain - the Symbol of Ha Giang.
- Driver pass by Quan Ba to reach Ha Giang provincial town.
- Stay in a quiet eco-resort by Lo river.
- Dinner and enjoy your time in mountain area.
Inclusive services: A private car, tour guide, entrance fee, Truong Xuan Eco - Resort ( private bungalow ) + meals ( B+ L)
Day 05: Ha Giang - Bac Ha town
- Today we will drive cross the borderline of Northwest to the Northeast on hidden roads ( If good where and no rain we will go on Sin Man - Hoang Su Phi road to Ha Giang) it's very hard day but non-touristy on the way.
- Overnight in Bac Ha Town.
Inclusive services: A private car, tour guide, entrance fee, Congfu hotel, meals ( B+L)
Day 06: Bac Ha town - Can Cau market
- 07h00 we have breakfast then drive to Bac Ha. 10h00 is hight time for you to attend the Market that is known to travelers as a remote borderline ethnic market of Bac Ha. It is organized by about 7 different kinds of hill tribes, with 7 different colors of clothes, as well as traditional customs and local cultural from Tay, the Dzay, the Red Dzao, the Black H' mong.
- Attend the market, you will find the way of bartering business existing but not everywhere in the word.
- After the market we drive back to Bac Ha town for lunch and then we walk to Pho village for a visit to the Flower H'mong minority & H'mong King palace.
Inclusive services: A private car, tour guide, entrance fee, Sao Mai hotel *** http://www. saomaibachahotel.com/ , meals (B+L)
Day 07: Bac Ha market - Sapa town
- You should wake up early morning around 06h00 for breakfast, then go down to Bac Ha market early then you can see what is original of the biggest Ethnic minority in the north of Vietnam.
- Where you will want to stock up on water buffalo, pigs and horse. Once you' re all set, you can browse for bottles of local firewater ( made from rice, cassava or corn) or handicrafts made by some of the ten Montagnard groups living near by - Flower H'mong, Dzao, Giay, Han, Thai, Nung, Phula, Lachi...
- 10h00 driving to Sapa, check in Holiday view hotel at 12h30 then having lunch there.
- Whole afternoon visiting Sapa town & market, on the way down to Cat village to see beautiful waterfall and water power station built by the french in early 20th century. Overnight in Sapa Holiday hotel with deluxe balcony view room.
Inclusive services: A private car, tour guide, entrace fee, Sapa Holiday hotel *** , meals ( B+L)
Day 08: Sapa Trekking to 4 villages Y linh Ho - Lao Chai - Ta Van - Giang ta chai
- After buffet breakfast, trek down to Y linh ho and Lao chai villages of the black H'mong people.
- After picnic lunch, keep on alongside Muong Hoa stream, over suspension bridges to Ta Van village of the Dzay people.
- Keep trekking to Cau May ( Rattan Suspension bridge ) - Giang Ta Chai, a standby car to return Sapa town, shopping around then 18h30 transfer to Lao Cai train station take a night train back to Hanoi.
Inclusive services: A private car, tour guide, entrance fee, meals, train ticket - sofl berth 4 people in cabin Livitrans train (B+L)