Monster-faced-fish is not only has horrible appearance but can make the chef be in danger when processing it as well.
This special dish is the dish made from a fish name monster-faced-fish. Like its name, the appearance of this fish is so horrible that it is difficult to imagine. Contrast to the soft and beautiful appearance of other fishes, monster-faced-fish has big and crude appearance. It looks like a lumpy, rough, and thorny stone with the motley brown and red colors. With above features and the extra mouth, goggled-eyes, this fish has the appearance as the head of a monster in the fairy tale when we look it face-to-face.
Not only be a horrible fish, monster-faced-fish is also the dangerous fish. The thorny fins at its back contain the poison. If we are careless to touch them, we can be severely infected and in the worst case, the victim can be died if not to be saved in time.
However, opposite to its horrible appearance, this fish has the white and delicious meat and its taste is quite strange. That is the reason why it has become the specialty in many restaurants with high price ranging from VND 600-700 per one kilogram.
Following pictures are some image collection about this “monster” special dish:
Like its name, this fish has the horrible appearance.
The large mouth and goggle eyes make it like a monster in fairy tale.
This fish often lives in the caves and its horrible appearance is the best method to disguise.
This fish also has the ability to change the color according to living environment
It can be still alive on land in the wet condition in some days
Its meat is sweet and delicious like chicken, some parts are crispy like lobster
- Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellent 2015
- Free extra service for booking vacations
- DAILY PROMOTION FOR BOOKING DIRECTLY
- Ha Noi ranked the list of top 10 paradise street food in Asia
- Vietnamese Salad Rolls - Gỏi Cuốn
- Bánh Dày - Sticky Rice Dumpling from "Quán Gánh"
- Broken Rice (cơm tấm)
- Ben Tre – huge potential of ecological tourism in Vietnam
- Hue beef noodle – the typical culinary art of Hue!
- Bai Dinh, the biggest pagoda in ASEAN
- Ghenh Da Dia
- Quang noodle, so good speciality!
- Come to My Tho for tasting Hu Tieu
- Taking home a" non la" - that is, to take a piece of Vietnam
- A glance at Vietnamese clothing