Halong Bay is made up of 1,969 islands of various sizes, 989 of which have been given names. There are two kinds of islands, limestone and schist, which are concentrated in two main zones
The islands in Ha Long Bay are mainly limestone and schist islands most lying in the two main areas: the southeastern part of Bai Tu Long Bay and southwestern part of Ha Long Bay. These islands represent the most ancient images of a geographical site having a tectonic age of from 250 million to 280 million years. They are the result of many times of rising and lowering processes of the continent to form a karst. The process of nearly full erosion and weathering of the karst created the unique Ha Long Bay in the world. In a not very large area, thousands of islands with different forms look like glittering emeralds attached to the blue scarf of a virgin. The area where many stone islands concentrate has spectacular scenes and world-famous caves and is the center of Ha Long Bay Natural Heritage, including Ha Long Bay and a part of Bai Tu Long Bay.
The area is recognized as the World Natural Heritage that is the area of 434 sq. km with 775 islands. It looks like a giant triangle with Dau Go Island (in the west), Ba Ham Lake (in the south) and Cong Tay Island (in the east) as its three angle points. The nearby area is the buffer area and areas classified as national beauty spots in 1962 by the Ministry of Culture and Information.
Viewed from above, Ha Long Bay looks like an extremely vivid huge drawing. This is a wonderful and skilful masterpiece of the Creation and of nature that turns thousands of dumb soulless stone islands into fantastic sculptural and artistic works of various graceful shapes, both familiar and strange to human beings.
Halong Bay One Day Excursion
(private tour only)
A 6-hour boat trip to discover the World heritage site of Ha Long Bay
In the morning
- 08.00 pick up at your hotel for a road trip of 3 hours through the Red river delta to Bai Chay Beach - Halong boat station
- You will arrive at Halong dock at approximaltely 11h30. Welcomed on board then cruise out to the bay.
- Cruise into the forest of limestone moutains emerging from emerald water to visit the beauty spots of the bay including the Fighting Cock Islet, Man's Head islet, the Frog one and the 3 tunnel grottoes beside fishing villages
- Visit the most beautiful cave of the bay called Hang Sung Sot (Susprising cave)
- Afterwards we will anchor in a beautiful quite lagoon, swim and then enjoy a fresh seafood lunch on the boat desk enjoying stunning landscapes
In the afternoon
-From the lunch stop, we will continue to discover the bay by our kayaks (double kayak). Paddle our kayak under long tunnel grottos (Hang Luon) into tranquil lagoons throughout narrow lanes among karster mountains, sometimes you can see playful monkeys on mountain cliffs
- Paddle to reach Titop beach, a nutural nice beach in the middle of the bay where you can relax, swimming or Hard walks on 430 constructed steps upto the top of this mountain for a universal view of the Halong Bay and Cat Ba island and take memory worth photos for this trip
-Cruise around the bay through the adventurous areas are literally hundreds of shaped stones that unnamed but are famous for their beauty and shapes…..on the roundabout way back to the dock
18h00 disembark, we say good bye to the Bay and then another road drive back to Hanoi.
-The trip ends when you arrive in Ha Noi at 21h00 - 21h30.
Price: 135 USD/person for group 2 persons
88 USD/person for group 4 persons
The prices are included:
A private boat, private car ( A.C), seafood lunch, entrance fees and tour guide.